Reporting to the Head of Operations (Estates), the job-holder will manage the Front of House and provide an excellent service to all staff, pupils and visitors. As the first point of contact when arriving at the School, the post holder will be welcoming, professional and organised and have a good knowledge of activities going on in the School.
At the heart of King Alfred’s philosophy is our child-centred approach. This has been the practice here since the school first opened in 1898, and remains equally true today. We seek to provide a well-rounded education that focuses on what is best for the whole child, and on the development of character and individuality. We are looking to recruit a motivated individual who is excited to be the ‘face’ of our vibrant community and whose values align well with our own.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Managing an efficient and effective Front of House service including managing the switchboard, photocopiers and photocopying, postal and franking services, and ensuring that the front of house is clean and tidy
- Implementing Front of House security and safeguarding procedures, including the access control systems, the safe management of road crossings and vehicle entry and exit
- Supporting School events, playing a lead front facing role
- Line managing the Security Officer and playing a key role in the Estates management team
The post-holder should be warm, friendly and efficient and have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, polite, calm, outward going, and able to quickly recognise and relate to individuals including students of all ages
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask within a demanding and sometimes pressurised environment
- A proactive and flexible approach, as well as a can-do attitude which is vital in order to take on the varied, and sometimes ad hoc, tasks that the role encompasses
- Ability, on occasion, to deal with challenging situations, to think on their feet and respond accordingly
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
Please see the attached Job Description FoH June 2021 for the details of the duties involved in this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-thinking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Monday 21st June 2021
To apply for this role please visit our website and complete our online Application Form.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.